Current time: 23-10-2014, 10:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[-]
Please Read

The links to software on this site is for evaluation purposes only. You cannot sell or use this software for any financial gain, privately or commercially. We strongly suggest that if you like the software, buy it. This will ensure the companies provide a good quality sevice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iGO 8 My Way GPS
17-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Rainbow  iGO 8 My Way GPS
Hi all. I have a GPS navigator/reversing camera device. when i open the GPS it shows ' iGO My Way' and Updates at NAVIEXTRAS.com. The version is Nav N Go iGO 8 8.3.4.117940 Nov 2009. It all appears to be set up except it is not showing the red light cameras, speed cameras and school zones as it advertises. I have tried to set this up but i'm having trouble. I should not have to manually put in these device in on the map. Also when i connect to my lap top i can't talk to the device..Can anyone help me please.
Gandyau. Drive
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: trapier88
17-12-2011, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 04:33 PM by ulyssy.)
RE: iGO 8 My Way GPS
@ gandyau

Hi and welcome to this site.

Has your device got a name or a brand or is there a web link to it?

What we need to know first is the contents of a couple of the folders/files in your iGO8 program.

Firstly, I assume that the iGO8 navigation program resides on an internal Flash ROM in your device and not on a SD card?

Most modern devices can be connected to a PC, or a laptop, via an USB cable. To activate that, there would be a selection in the general menus as to the type of connection. Usually one labelled "Mass storage" or similar, which makes the device appear as another USB drive, and that's the one, you should have selected. The other one is labelled a "MS Activesync" or similar connection.

Usually, you just connect one end of a USB cable to the device, turn it on and plug the other end into a USB port of your PC or laptop, running Windows. And wait until it gets recognized and assigned a drive letter. You can then examine the contents of the iGO8 navigation program.

If the program resides on a SD card, just insert it into a card reader, and you can then examine the contents there.

What we need to know in the first instance is, what files are present in your "\content\speedcam\" folder and what are the contents of the "sys.txt" file?

==Computers_comp26==

Confucius say:
Man seek advice in PM, deprive other of wisdom
Man not do backup, himself deprive of wisdom
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Ulyssy, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, when i go to my GPS and enter a destination the speed and red light cameras appear, but when i set this as 'Set As Destination' there is no cameras on the driving map.
The manufacturer is IMP Technologies, China and their web site is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I turn on the unit, click on 'Wince. icon this opens the desk top page and shows the OS is windows Enbbeded CE 6.0. I click on 'My Device' and this opens the folders, it appears the iGO8 navigation program resides on a SD card SDMMC. In this SDMMC folder are 7 folders; Australia R18, backup, BT, IGO8 AU, Music, Photc, Video folder.

The 'IGO 8 AU' folder has Content, Custom, defaults, License, Save & TTS_LOQ folders plus windows icons showing Branding, crash, Data, GPSTMC, IGO8, LogEnglish, LogMsx, LogTTS6, SYS, Tahopma, & TahomaBD.
When i go to the control panel i opened the USB and it is on mass Storage, i will change it over to ActiveSync and see how it goes.
I have tried to insert the SDMMC card into a card reader and connect it to the laptop but it was not recognised.
Files on content/speedcam folder are; In the IG8 AU content file is Building, DEM, LANG, MAP, PHONEME, POI, SCHEME, SPEEDCAM, TEXTURE, VOICE.
In SPEEDCAM are: windows icon files, Australia, NewZealand, SpeedcamUpdates.
The Speedcam folder is part of the content folder.
thanks for your help.
paul.
18-12-2011, 03:54 PM
@ gandyau

The next thing to check is that you have in the ...."Menu" >> "Settings" >> "Warnings" ... the "Speed Camera Warning" box ticked, and further in "Speed Camera Settings" the "Audible Warning" and the "Visible Warning" selections turned "On".

Note that the "Speed Camera Warning" tick box selection, in "Warning Settings", is only visible after you have GPS satellites locked in.

The fact that your card reader didn't recognize the SD, could be because older readers don't work with the newer HC type SDs, which yous most likely is. And certainly so if it is 4 GB or larger in size.

There may also be some extra lines needed in your "sys.txt" file, but we won't know that until you can post the contents of that file here.

==Computers_comp26==

Confucius say:
20-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi. ulyssy. Can you tell me where i find the sys.txt file please? I can then post the contents for you.
Paul.
Yes your right the SD card is a HC type 4Gb what do you suggest i do about this? I will do what you suggested and see how ot goes.
Paul.
20-12-2011, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 09:56 AM by bazzle01.)
The file is called sys.txt
Open with notepad or wordpad and copy text to here.

Found in the top level directory inside your iGO folder.

[Image: iGo8Structure_new-1.jpg]

Bazzle

Always ensure you have a backup of your Navi files in case you stuff up!
Please 'ask' on here on the forums 'before' you PM me.
20-12-2011, 10:12 AM
(20-12-2011 06:36 AM)gandyau Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi. ulyssy. Can you tell me where i find the sys.txt file please? I can then post the contents for you.

Yes your right the SD card is a HC type 4Gb what do you suggest i do about this? I will do what you suggested and see how ot goes.
Paul.

@ @ gandyau

The "sys.txt" file resides in the root of the iGO program folder, as you can see from bazzle01's diagram.

With some devices, if you hook it up to your PC, or laptop, via USB (usually shown as "Mass storage" in the general menus of your device), you can then read the SD card. With some devices, it doesn't show.

In that case, the easiest way is to purchase a new SD card reader, which you can then connect to your PC or laptop via USB. But make sure that a new reader will read HCs. (I would think that of the ones sold now, all would).

==Computers_comp26=

Confucius say:
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Hiya, I have a GPS rear view mirror. It came with igo8 maps on sd card. I tried to update the maps thru Naviextras toolbox with no success so i emailed them to be told that the maps i have are pirated and that i can't update or get maps for it ? Surely they are wrong. It doesn't have a name but runs on win ce6. Iv considered buying a portable nav with sd card and life time maps so as to use just the sd card but don't know if it would be compatible. Any suggestions appreciated
col
12-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Colleen,

I had similar problems to you. I purchased mine via ebay and had the exact same problem. Chinese device, it came with a CD backup. If the item was genuine (which one would assume) it woud have no problems updating. That's always the problem when buying items from ebay and the device comes from China.

What you will have to do is download the latest map R19.3 and replace the old Australian map with the updated one and it will work

Hope this might give you some direction.

Bondy
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 12:10 PM by ulyssy.)
Quoted text deleted by Admin. Please do not use reply with quoted text, in reply to immediately preceding post. It un-neccessarily clutters up the thread. Thank you.

Hi Bondy,
Thank-you. I don't have a problem with it working. Didn't come with a cd back-up tho. My concern is getting the maps. I have Australia R3 Whereis 19 maps on the device. Do i have to continue to get pirated maps ? Doesn't seem right. I love this mirror, yes it's probably Chinese but my last mirror was an Azentek and it was terrible.
Col
14-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Hello Colleen,

Unless you want to pay big dollars each time for a new GPS unit then go ahead , doing so is no guarantee you will have an updated map. You will only receive minor updates on a legitimate device via naviextras toolbox or pay the required fee to naviextras if your device is genuine. If you cannot connect to naviextra via the naviextra toolbox then you can assume your device is non genuine. Since you already have the latest R19.3 map on your device then you should have also received a CD with backup incase your SDHC card goes kaput.

I would suggest making a back up copy of your GPS device (whatever data is on your SDHC) onto a CD or DVD as a back up. Computers can crash at any time, so storing data on your computer permanently is not advisable , good for temporary storage until you save it to removable storage media e.g. Cd or DVD.

Bondy
23-12-2012, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 10:07 AM by ulyssy.)
Quoted text deleted by Admin. Please do not use reply with quoted text, in reply to an immediately preceding post. It un-neccessarily clutters up the thread. Thank you.

I agree, JBHiFi had a one day supersale a couple of weeks ago, so I weakened and got a Garmin 2595LMT with lifetime map updates. Apart from having inbuilt TMC, and "realistic junction" pictures, the iGO8.3 that I improved from files on this and other GPS owner websites,still leaves the Garmin for dead, especially in POI's, 3D bldgs and topo landforms.
Think I'll just use the Garmin in the cities for the Traffic updates
BlindPete
23-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi! I am new to this forum, but find it very useful. My problem seems to be quite common. I bought an in car radio/cdplayer with navigation from China a few weeks ago. Model is CUSP-6211 with Windows CE 6.0.

It came with EU IGO8 map, 8.3.4.117940, no 3 2009. It had no Norwegian voice file, and I could not update from Navextras home page. Contacted support, they told it was an illegal map. Even if the supplier told the unit supports only IGO8, Navextras say it is not supported. They would not sell me a legal map - told that maps are only sold to manufactures. They also told that maps are linked to a supported device and would not work on other.

I would like to buy a legal map - does anybody know how i can get that?

I am rather offended over the manufacturers attitude. They told that all their models with navigation is supplied with cracked maps, and that customers are happy with that! Guess customers don't know :-) And without knowing, they are all in a way criminal....
23-12-2012, 11:52 PM
This one : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ?

Well, that seems to be NavNGo's attitude to everyone. And then they are surprised people turn to 'grey' websites Big Grin.
If they cannot or better do not want to give you any support, the only thing you can do is replace the software, maps, etc with those you find on forums like these. And why not? 8.3.4.117940 is quite old, as are the maps.

All you must do is download the required and replace your navigation package, but keep the path to the exe file (so you can start up easily).

Only issue is the RAM memory that is available. I cannot find it. When it's 64MB I would suggest a iGO 8.3.5, when it's 128MB, Primo is an alternative.

Take a look around on this forum to find what you need.
Or look for it on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
24-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks. Very helpful. I think it is criminal that NavnGo encourage use of cracked maps. What can you do?

Yes, this is the model. I want of course to update the map to the latest. I will check what RAM is installed and update here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Primo on Philips 1800 GPS problem bob13 11 1,126 09-10-2014 09:13 AM
Last Post: burty
  Maps for IGO Primo on Android Device (v9.6.7) dav1129 3 310 16-09-2014 04:51 PM
Last Post: NRT
  Naviextras not recognising iGO Primo 2.4... Scandalman 7 367 02-09-2014 03:29 AM
Last Post: nabi
  IGO Primo 9.2 bobtheboor 1 2,435 31-08-2014 05:27 PM
Last Post: t4n9l3dpu83s
Sad Help IGO Primo V. 9.2.1.0 - Need Help With Installation luly928 1 321 23-08-2014 01:17 AM
Last Post: nabi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)