Current time: 23-08-2014, 06:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[-]
Please Read

The links to software on this site is for evaluation purposes only. You cannot sell or use this software for any financial gain, privately or commercially. We strongly suggest that if you like the software, buy it. This will ensure the companies provide a good quality sevice.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
iGO Primo Nuance English TTSPro Voices
25-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Requirements:iGO Primo
Operating System:N/A
Overview:These are original NNG supplied Nuance TTSPro voices including English US, English UK and English Australian.

[Image: fa2cjs.jpg]

More Info:
Code:
http://igomyway.com/primo/key_benefits.php
Download Links/Instructions:
1. Copy voice file to /content/voice/
2. Copy folder tts_nua_v5 and file vautov5.dll to root of iGO Primo folder

These voices have been tested with Primo 1.1 and 1.2 but TTSPro options are only available in Primo 1.2

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/454236182/Voices.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMWF8VCD
pass: secretsquirrel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 11:52 AM
RE: iGO Primo Nuance English TTSPro Voices
Thanks Megaduck,

I have been following your posts elsewhere with interest and hoping you would post these soon. Also I note that the version of Primo 1.2 you have is a later version than that currently available. Have you noticed any changes?

Cheers, Ian

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
25-03-2011, 12:15 PM
No I haven't noticed any obvious changes yet but it is still early days. The colour scheme bugs are still present unfortunately...
25-03-2011, 01:39 PM
mirror for meggaduck tts pro
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

robynk
25-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Mega, How does one change the pronunciation from avenoo to avenew. It was easy with the other lot but I don't know how to with this lot.

cheers

Barry

BDECK (Bazzle)

"At the end of your days, be leaning forward - not falling backwards"
26-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I think Nuance still has a long way to go with their TTS English, AU, UK and US. My pet annoyances are still there. "Waverley Road" is pronounced as "vav reely road" and "Middleborough Road" as "midd lee brough road", both nearby to me. And my suburb of Mount Waverley" is now "em tee vav reely".

It seems to me, that one or two syllable words are OK, but almost anything longer than that becomes un-intelligible.

All of those and many others, are now near-perfect in all Loquendo English variants. So for the time being, that's where I'll be staying.

==Computers_comp26==
27-03-2011, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2011 12:44 PM by darkoz.)
^^ Same here, The street name pronounciations are almost un-intelligible, is this due to the phoneme file?
27-03-2011, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2011 02:42 PM by ulyssy.)
I'm not an expert in the make-up of languages, but I seem to think that the "phoneme" files do contain the language or dialect pronunciation related information.

Maybe Jards88 or somebody else, can throw more light on this subject.

And why can Loquendo but not Nuance get it right?

==Computers_comp26==
27-03-2011, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2011 04:06 PM by Jards88.)
Actually, I have not yet had a chance to try these voices, I have always been pretty happy with my own version of Karen for Nuance. I will give the new one a go shortly and see what I think. It seems after a quick look that the file config_transfer_tables.lua in the \config folder of the voice file itself appears to be the equivalent to rules.txt in the older versions. There is a phoneme file in the voice itself under tts_nua_v5\phoneme\phoneme_ena.txt, but this only seems to contain single letter translations. Probably worth while having a fiddle and see if you can fix any of the obvious ones.

Edit: I've now given Karen a quick try and apart from Avenoo and pronouncing M3 as NM3 it was not too bad. Seems to be a bit more information given with the instructions then the previous versions. Will keep it for the time being and see if I can adjust a few things.

Cheers, Ian

27-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Jards88 I agree with your comment about the new Karen voice.

I had a funny one where she told me to take the next left turn after the service station ??

Primo 1.2 and new voices.
27-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, I've seen that reported elsewhere. It seems that TTS Pro can use things like 3d buildings & service stations as cues for turning points, not a bad idea really except that unfortunately some of the service stations in Brissy are shown on the wrong side of the road. I've not had it yet but will look out for it.

Cheers Ian

27-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Ian,

I have attached a copy of two short routes, which I prepared, one with the "Waverley Road" and one with the "Middleborough Road" problems. These were done in Primo v1.2.

Un-rar it and copy the "routes" folder complete with the two "Routes" into your "Save" folder, "load" the routes, one by one, into Primo and run a simulation.

If you also have Loquendo installed, you could compare the difference between theirs and Nuance's.

For me, the "old" Karen wasn't really any better than the "new" one.

Hi pano,

I have noticed the same thing, about the "service station", in my installation of the new voices in Primo.

Cheers

.rar  Nuance_routes.rar (Size: 1.33 KB / Downloads: 112)

==Computers_comp26==
28-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks Ulyssy,

I'll give that a go.

I guess a lot of it depends on how sensitive you are with TTS pronunciations. I've always been able to accept the miss pronunciation of street names because most of the time a quick look at the screen will sort it out. I guess so far I've been lucky and have not found too many howlers with both versions of Karen. I still think I'll stick with Karen as it's the best sounding of all the voices to my ears. If I go back to Loqendo I have to accept either British or the horrible sounding US accent. I was also never able to fix the mispronunciation of M3 as ME3 in Loquendo and now find Karen saying NM3. So they all have some problems. When I get a chance I'll see if I can fix any of them, however multi sylable words are generally very difficult to fix properly.

Cheers, Ian

Cheers, Ian

10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
In the past I had problems with Primo 2.1 so I gave it a miss.

However, I resurrected it today using these TTSPro Voices.

All is cool the program is running well, however, I again have voice problems.

On setup I selected Karen as the voice, she spoke to me and I thought great.

I then check to see if Karen is the actual voice in the sounds and it is not!

When I select a voice that will announce streets, it confirms my choice, however, it shows a completely different voice (usually one that does not announce streets.)

Don't know Is this a fault that can be fixed please? Don't know
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 08:02 PM by Jards88.)
Actually the voice working on selection unfortunately is a cruel hoax. An audio folder with an audio file for that message is included in the voice's *.zip file. So even if it is not going to work it will fool you every time. Why NNG did it this way is anybody's guess as without that audio file if it speaks when selected you know it will work full stop.

Provided you have the full TTS-Pro package including tts_nua_v5 folder and all its included folders & files as well as VAUTOV5.DLL and the corresponding language and voice files it should be ok. However I have had problems like this in the past and deleting the \save folder and setting it all up from scratch with a TTS-Pro voice has fixed it and from then on I could select any TTS voice and it would be ok. Anyway, worth a try.

Cheers, Ian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iGo Primo causing unit lag modafroman 63 1,223 Today 03:02 AM
Last Post: wanxu
  Igo Primo 1.2 & 2 -autodetect GPS receiver sirzur 5 2,283 20-08-2014 04:43 PM
Last Post: OldNavFixed
  Igo Primo maps for countries other than the base country rap_aust 12 5,017 19-08-2014 12:39 AM
Last Post: nabi
  English only Primo 2.4 chas521 23 2,118 15-08-2014 09:10 AM
Last Post: chas521
  igo 9 primo. new user help please yugotrobbed 17 2,451 10-08-2014 04:06 PM
Last Post: cessery

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)